All players 18 and older must complete an online Safe Sport Training Progam and upload the completed certificate to their gotsport profile. This can only be completed on or after his or her 18th birthday.
All athletes who have turned 18 can access the training from their gotsport profile:
Safesport Training Course Access
1. From Gotsport Profile<Dashboard<Requirements List: select More info next to Safesport then select Launch Course. https://system.gotsport.com/
2. Complete information on “Sign Up” page.
*Please enter the information for a new account. If you have previously taken any SafeSport training, click Login (upper right of screen) to access your existing account, enter the email address you used then click Forgot Password
3. If prompted, log in to the new or existing account
4. Click on “Menu” and select “Catalog.”
5. Click the Start button for applicable training
a. SafeSport Trained -- First training for adult coaches/trainers/managers
b. Refresher --Second and subsequent training for adult coaches/trainers/managers
c. Safesport Trained for Adult Athletes -- Training for athletes 18 and over
6. Upload your certificate of completion. **Currently, all certificates of completion must be manually uploaded to Gotsport.
Instructions for downloading a certificate:
1. Select the “Menu” icon at the top right of your page.
2. Select “Transcript”
3. Under Certificates Section, click on Download next to the most recently completed course
Once the athlete has completed the course, they must save a copy of the completion certificate, email a copy to the club registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org and upload it to their requirements section of their player profile in GotSport by using the "Show Upload Form".
Frequently Asked Questions:
Why must the athlete complete SafeSport Training?
A: US Soccer has mandated that all athletes over the age of 18 be Safesport trained.
What does the SafeSport Training cover?
A: The Center for Safesport launched this new training with the athlete in mind. This educational course will help the adult athlete better understand important topics such as power imbalance, consent, retaliation, the importance of bystander intervention, and how to report misconduct.
I see "Start Course" in the athletes GotSport account, can I use that link for the training?
A: Yes, but keep in mind, the email of the GotSport User ID must match the email of the athlete account registration in SafeSport. At this time, it is recommended to use the link provided in #3
How will the athlete show their coach/club they have completed the training?
A: The athlete or parent can upload the saved certificate to their profile under requirements. Use the "show upload form" tool.