Lancaster, Pennsylvania. January 12, 2018 - The Board of Directors of Penn Legacy and PA Classics are pleased to announce a new partnership effective August 1, 2018, designed to enhance the complete soccer experience for youth soccer players of all levels in Central PA. Both Penn Legacy and PA Classics will each maintain their corporate independence while working to achieve a full merger over the next 24-36 months. At the heart of this partnership is a desire to create a club system where the development needs of players from both clubs can become the full focus of the combined program. The partnership will be fully realized for the playing season starting August 1, 2018. The travel program will play under the PA Classics name, while the current Penn Legacy U4-U8 Futures and U8 PTP (Pre-Travel Program), Recreation, Rugby and Adult Recreation programs will all continue to operate under the Penn Legacy name. In addition, PA Classics U4-U8 program will become part of Penn Legacy’s U4-U8 Futures and U8 PTP programs.
Below are key components to the Penn Legacy/PA Classics partnership:
- The travel program will offer a full range of teams at multiple price points from the beginner level of travel through the USSF Development Academy level teams for boys and girls
- The program will share leadership, technical, coaching, and field resources
- An interim advisory board will be formed to provide oversight of the partnership and merger
- Penn Legacy will continue to run the U4-U8 Futures, Recreation, Rugby and Adult Recreation programs for both boys and girls with full support from PA Classics until the merger is completed
- A larger player pool will allow for a more consistent level of player ability on each team roster which is better for overall player development
A Penn Legacy and PA Classics partnership will truly become a “club for all” allowing players from ages 3 through 19 to play at the appropriate level within a variety of recreational and travel level programs as they progress with their skills and interests.